HOW DO I CLEAN MY PREFA ROOF?
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Roofs and façades are particularly susceptible to harsh weather conditions. Sun, wind, rain and snow as well as permanent moisture (in woods or shaded areas) have an impact on the building shell. Dirt deposits (e.g. dust, leaves, needles, etc.) can impair the function and appearance of roof coverings, façades and roof drainage (e.g. clogging). Therefore, we advise that you check the roof, wall coverings and roof drainage systems at regular intervals in order to detect any alterations, damage or consequential damage and dirt at an early stage, and take appropriate measures. Maintenance and cleaning tips for PREFA colour aluminium strips: if slightly soiled, e.g.with a layer of dust or similar, clean with clean, lukewarm water and washing or cleaning agents for car finishes (do not use scouring agents).Tips for maintaining and cleaning PREFA colour aluminium strips in the event of heavy soiling (e.g. to remove oil or grease,
- use standard car polish).
- Rinse with plenty of clean water after cleaning.
- Do not clean in direct sunlight.
- Observe the installation instructions and manufacturer’s guidelines for the respective cleaning agent.
- Do not use acetone, cellulose thinner or similar solvents under any circumstances and do not use cleaning agents containing abrasives.